Blawg Review

It's not just a blog carnival; it's the law! ~ a fool in the forest

Vickie Pynchon Outdoes Herself

Hosts of Blawg Review know how much Vickie Pynchon contributes to these presentations every week, as a "sherpa guide" helpfully providing recommendations of some of the best law blog posts.

This week, our Blawg Review Sherpa Victoria Pynchon really outdoes herself with Blawg Review #234, a detailed look at the "200 year present" that marks conflict resolution week. Her presentation this week provides not only an overview of the blawgosphere, but insight into who she is as a lawyer, mediator, and as a person--in her own words.
These are the words I leave with the readers of Blawg Review #234 because they are the ones that informed my personal and professional transformation from a legal career based on rights and remedies to one based upon interests and consensus.

Whatever my own personal 200-year present was, is and will be, it is pointed in the direction of peace with justice, with an enormous and probably unwarranted optimism best expressed by the man after whom my law school was named: the arc of history is long, but it bends toward justice. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Recently, I had the opportunity to visit with Vickie, whom I've known online for several years. That meetup, one of the highlights of my recent travels, gave me an up close and personal look at one of the superstars of the legal community. In real life, as they say, Vickie's as amazing as she is here in the blogosphere.