Blawg Review

It's not just a blog carnival; it's the law! ~ a fool in the forest

Dance With My Father



John M. Hochfelder hosts Blawg Review #209, dedicated to his father, J. Gene Hochfelder, on his birthday.
After Dad died, I came across a song that reminds me of some of our time together. You may like it (and you may even know of it): "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross. In it, the singer remembers how his late father would play with him, spin him around and dance with him (and his mother). Mom was long gone when Dad was dying but whenever I lifted him from his wheelchair he'd pat me on the back and say "John, we're dancing." So I get a little wistful whenever I hear the lyrics: "If I could get another chance, another walk, another dance with him I'd play a song that would never ever end."
A very personal, and poignant, Blawg Review.